Accessibility Studies


As a student of the undergraduate Accessibility Studies courses, you could be undergraduate, post-graduate, or simply interested professionals and community members.

Do I need to be admitted to the university?  

Yes. You must have a CWU ID. Go to Admissions

  • Non-matriculated students (not seeking a degree) can take single ASP courses and also complete the ASP Certificate. Apply here.
  • Achieving the Graduate Certificate requires admittance to the School of Graduate Studies and Research. This process includes university admission.

How do I apply to the Accessibility Studies program?

Do I have to take the courses in order? Not the first two: ASP 305 and 435 can be taken in any order. ASP 435 requires either ASP 305 or ENG 301. The first three courses must be completed to take the capstone course.

Are there pre-requisites? Not for ASP 305. You must have completed Academic Writing I to take others. ASP 435 requires either ASP 305 or ENG 301. You must have started all three core courses (ASP 305, ASP 425, ASP 435) before you can start ASP 485 Capstone. ASP 475 and 492 require individual permission from the program director. You can complete the minor elective anytime.

Do I need to apply to the Accessibility Studies Program in order to enroll in a single undergraduate course?
You can take ASP 184 or ASP 305 without applying to the Accessibility Studies programs. You must apply to take the other courses, or contact the program director to discuss special permission. 

CWU News

CWU Fine Arts alumna featured at Yakima gallery

November 22, 2023


CWU students travel to Ireland to teach inner-city girls physical literacy

November 20, 2023


More News