Skip to body

Academic Advising

Juniors & Seniors

As a junior or senior, you should be admitted into your major, at which time a faculty advisor will be assigned to you. You need to meet with your advisor every quarter to make sure you are taking the appropriate major and general education courses to complete your degree.



Application for Graduation
An application for graduation must be made at Registrar Services or a university center office no later than the second Friday of the quarter before your expected degree completion. (Example: If you plan to graduate Spring quarter, your application is due the second Friday of the beginning of Winter quarter.)

All petitions for exceptions to General University Degree Requirements must be completed BEFORE applying for graduation.

Procedure for Baccalaureate Degree Application (Undergrad or Postbac pursuing a secondary baccalaureate)
Obtain a form from Registrar Services or online at Students in the teacher education program must obtain their forms online at Fees are paid to the Cashiers Office. Completed forms must be returned to Registrar Services or a university center office by the deadline dates specified below.

Final responsibility for meeting graduation requirements resides with the student.

Deadlines for Baccalaureate Application -VIEW HERE-

Procedure for Master's Degree Application
Students must complete requirements for advancement to candidacy. Students may obtain an application form from the graduate office. Fees are paid to the Cashiers Office. The form should be returned to the Graduate Office.

Final responsibility for meeting graduation requirements resides with the student.


Students must anticipate to complete all degree requirements by the end of the quarter for which they are applying for graduation. If they do not show all requirements will be completed, then they may be denied walking at commencement. Additional information can be found online at /commencement.

Commencement Dates

Cap and Gown Form
Students participating in June commencement ceremonies must pay the cap and gown fees at the Wildcat Shop. For more information about cap and gown fees, go to


Fifth Year of Study for the Continuing Teaching Certification
Those holding a valid Residency Teaching Certificate and progressing normally through Washington’s current teacher education program may seek a Continuing Teaching Certificate, as outlined in the current catalog. A program plan must be submitted to the director of certification.

Second Baccalaureate Degree
Qualified students seeking a second baccalaureate degree are admitted in post-baccalaureate status. To receive a second baccalaureate degree, students must complete:

  1. Re-application for admission to the university.
  2. Any degree requirements not satisfied by the previous degree.
  3. A minimum of 45 quarter credits from Central. Post-baccalaureate students must follow regulations applicable to undergraduates.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.