FALL 2018 AUDITIONS
Please Note That Audion Material Requirements Have Been Revised as of September 13, 2018.
Auditions for Mother Courage and her Children(2009 Kushner translation) and the Red Curtain Broadway Revue will be on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 beginning at 1:00 PM. Call backs will be in the evenings on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday by arrangement.
1. REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT: Please sign up and indicate for which projects you will be auditioning. Audition appointments will be assigned. Audition appointment sign-up is now on line. Click here to sign up for an appointment.
2. PREPARE AUDITION MATERIALS
Please complete the audition form and bring a copy for each project you are auditioning for plus one additional copy. Please be sure to indicate on your audition form what projects you are interested in auditioning for and answer supplemental questions 1-5. Additionally, please bring a current headshot and acting resume for each director. Head shots do not need to be on glossy photo paper.
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS FOR SINGERS: If you are singing as part of your audition, bring recorded music to sing to on either an MP3 player or phone that can plug in to a 1/8" stereo cable. Music is only required if you will be singing.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS: You will have three minutes for your entire audition (including monologue, song, and transitions). The three-minute time limit will be strictly enforced. Please prepare an audition with two of the following:
1. A poem of 60 seconds or less that includes imagery and movement
2. A contemporary monologue, less than two minutes in any genre, which contrasts your other audition piece
3. For Mother Courage and her Children: Preparing a short, simple song done a capella will suffice. Callbacks for singing & playing a musical instrument will be held during callbacks. If you have questions about preparing audition music for Mother Courage, you can address them to Jason Tucholke.
3. For the Red Curtain Broadway Revue: One 16 bars selection from any musical theatre song. Audition songs should be a verse and a chorus of any song/era in the Musical Theatre genre. If you have questions about preparing your audition music, you can address them to David Brown. The dance/movement auditions will be held along with callbacks.
3. DAY OF AUDITIONS: Please arrive thirty minutes before your scheduled appointment to sign in and organize your audition materials. Sign in will be in MCCO 117. The Tower Theatre will be the loud warm-up space.