Accessing Your U-Drive Account Remotely
Install the VPN Client
You must first have a working installation of VPN (Virtual Private Network).
Log onto the Wildcat connection and go to the VPN client download section under Accessing CWU-Net Services.
There are two versions of VPN, a 32-bit version (the version currently available on the CWU Web site) and a 64-bit version. You must have the version correct for your operating system.
For help with the correct version and with setting up VPN, contact ITS Helpdesk by calling (509) 963-2001 or going to Bouillon Hall, room 112.
To connect to the CWU Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- From your computer's Start menu, choose All Programs > Cisco Systems VPN Client > VPN Client
- In the VPN connection window, double-click CWU Student VPN
- In the authentication dialog box, type your Wildcat Connection username and password
- At this point, you may get a notification of a mismatch in firewall policy, but this usually doesn't prevent successful connection, and you can ignore it. Click Close.
- To confirm that you are connected to VPN, expand the Show hidden icons section at the right of your taskbar, and check for a closed-padlock icon
To map a CS network drive to a local drive
- Open Windows Explorer by clicking on the Computer icon
- In Windows Explorer, click Map network drive
- In the Map Network Drive dialog box
- In the Enter Network Password dialog box's enter your Computer Science username and password
- Username: cs2k3\<username-issued-to-you-in-the-lab>
- For example,
- You must include
cs2k3\ before the username
- Password: enter the password you use to log on in the lab
- A window opens in My Computer to your U-drive account
- You may copy and paste your work into this U-drive window to save it on the computer science network
- Return to the My Computer window, right-click on the drive to which you mapped the U-drive account, and in the popup menu, choose Disconnect
- To close VPN, click the closed-padlock icon in the status area of your task bar, right-click CWU Student VPN, and choose Disconnect
Note that you cannot be connected to two or more U-drive accounts at the same time. This means that if you have multiple accounts (for different Computer Science classes and labs), you must disconnect from one before connecting to another.