It's been interesting to watch weather sites evolve on the Internet over the years. Overall they seem to have become more reliable. For weather in the Kittitas Valley and the East Cascades, take your pick of one of the links below. The Washington State Dept. of Transportation web site can be especially useful if you're planning a trip over the mountains.
- The National Weather Service report, sponsored by NOAA. One of the best for local weather in Central Washington. You can get current conditions, forecasts and special weather alerts, all on one page.
- Accuweather.com: accurate and detailed forcasts, weather news and interesting articles. This site features reports on how current weather conditions affect health, travel, home and garden, and outdoor activities.
- The Farmer's Almanac: "a compendium of knowledge on weather, gardening, cooking, remedies, managing your household, preserving the earth, and more. . . Farmers’ Almanac goes beyond today’s experts and enlightens you with generations of perception, experience, and common sense." This is a fun site.
- CNN's Ellensburg page: also a good site for local weather, CNN also includes local conditions, national and international weather, news, allergy conditions, radar maps, and video clips.
- The Weather Channel: Current conditions, 10-day forecasts, weather alerts, doppler radar maps, local interstate forcasts.
- The Washington State Department of Transportation provides live videos of traffic conditions across the state, including live video of Snoqualamie Pass.
- Want more? For some really far out weather news, check this out!