Writing a Movie Review
about "The Net"
Directions: You will write a movie review of "The Net". To help you do this follow these steps.
Click the mockingbird to return to my homepage!
- Go to the IMDB movie site and look for movie reviews of the "The Net". Print out a review and bring it to class.
- In class all the students will compare their movie reviews. Can you see a pattern or a format in the way a movie review is written?
Answer these questions after you and your classmates have studied several movie reviews:
- Is there a title?
- How does the review start?
- Does the movie review author write about the plot(what happened in the movie)?
- Does the review mention the actors/actresses' acting?
- Is there a conclusion?
Do you know what the author of the review thinks about this film?
- Click on here to get a full-sized worksheet to print out and fill in. This worksheet is only to help you organize your thoughts about the movie!
- Write your movie review on a wordprocessor without the questions.
Click hereto see a sample of what I want you to hand in. This finished movie review was written by an ESL student.
Finished with this page? Click on the The Net to return to the main "The Net" Activities page
Return to Cyberspace Course Home Page
Please send questions/comments to:
last updated by Mockingbird, April 22,1997
The homepage URL for this site is http://www.cwu.edu/~freemanr/mockingbird
This course and these materials are copyrighted and are for use by the students in the UESL Cyberspace English class, spring 1997 only unless written permission is obtained.