Friends of the Brooks Library.
Friends of the Library was re-organized in 1994-5 by former President James Brooks with the Constitution being adopted on October 12, 1995. The latest revision of April 12, 2007 appears below.
The official name of this organization shall be Friends of the James E. Brooks Library of Central Washington University.
The purpose of the Friends of the James E. Brooks Library shall be to recruit friends of the library, to promote the library's visibility by demonstrating its value as the center of a learning enterprise, and to secure resources that support instruction, research and leisure reading. In pursuing these goals, the Friends will consult with the Dean, the faculty, and staff of the library.
Mission and Vision
The Friends are advocates of the library. As such their mission is to advocate, whenever and wherever possible, the necessity for excellence with the library--excellence in services, in faculty and staff, in information resources, in environmental conditions and access.
The Friends envision staying fully informed on library issues and critical needs and sharing information widely through newsletters and meetings that focus on library-related topics. Vision includes: seeking new opportunities to serve and support the library, diversifying revenue sources, securing special collections for the library, promoting reading and library use, and providing social programs for members and guests.
The Friends of the Library is a voluntary, non-profit organization working in cooperation with the Central Washington University Foundation. Any person interested in the purpose of this organization and meeting the specified dues shall be eligible to membership. The Board of Directors shall determine categories of memberships and dues.
Officers and Organization
The officers of this organization shall consist of:
(1) Seven members of a Board of Directors, all residents of Kittitas County, elected by a majority vote of those members present at the annual meeting of the members of the organization for terms of three years (except that at the first election three Directors shall be elected for a term of three years, two for two years, and two for a term of one year). They shall annually select one of their number as Chair of the Board and President of the organization and one as Vice Chair.
(2) The Dean of Library Services of Central Washington University or his/her designee shall serve as ex-officio Secretary-Treasurer, with vote.
(3) The Board of Directors may authorize the President to appoint committees,
make assignments or initiate other actions consistent with the purposes of this organization.
(4) A vacancy on the Board of Directors may be filled by the Board for the
unexpired portion of the term.
(1) The meetings of this organization shall consist of at least one annual meeting of members of the members of the organization to be held at a time or place determined by the Board of Directors, and such other meetings as the Board of Directors shall call. A majority of those present shall constitute a quorum at any meeting of the members of this organization.
(2) The Board of Directors shall transact the business of the organization between meetings of the members of the organization and recommend the disbursement of funds of the organization.
These articles may be supplemented by a set of By-Laws which may be adopted by a majority vote those members present at an annual meeting of the organization.
These articles and By-Laws that may be in effect may be amended at any annual meeting of this organization by a majority of those members present.
Passed by vote of the General Meeting, April 12, 2007
None available yet.