A CWU Professional Development Opportunity
Summer Institute on High Impact Practices
June 21st and June 28th
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Who Should Attend?
Any CWU employee who wishes to broaden the positive impact they have on students and their lives at CWU.
- Faculty: Full time, part time, tenure-track, and lecturers are all enrouraged to consider attending the summer institute. Please come to the institute with a specific course or program you want to work on.
- Staff: Come and explore ways we can reach more students and provide students with the skills necessary for success in college.
- Students: Student leaders on campus may find this institute a way to begin collaborations with faculty and staff on institution-wide initiatives.
Participants will receive copies of
- High-Impact Educational Practices: What They Are, Who Has Access to Them, and Why They Matter
By George D. Kuh
- The LEAP Vision for Learning: Outcomes, Practices, Impact, and Employers' Views
For a more detailed description of AAC&U's high impact practices and their relatiohship to student success, please see this short excerpt.