The 2012 Conference Special Issue is now LIVE!
Please note that the Journal is no longer accepting manuscripts and is no longer bring published.
The Washington State Journal of Public Health Practice (WSJPHP) is a scholarly peer-reviewed, online journal focusing on public health, health education and promotion practice, teaching, research, and issues of interest to professionals in Washington and the Pacific Northwest. The vision of the WSJPHP is to serve as a bridge of communication among health scientists and professionals in practice, educational, and policy settings. The journal is published quarterly.
The Journal invites manuscripts in the following areas:
- Research and Theory: As an academic peer-reviewed journal, a critically important content area includes qualitative and quantitative research studies, theory papers and review articles.
- Promising Practice: Promising Practice is a peer-reviewed section of the Washington State Journal of Public Health Practice that endeavors to share valuable experiences of practice-level Public Health professionals. This section seeks descriptions of innovative successful programs conducted by state and local public health agencies and community-based organizations in order to share practical knowledge and understanding that others may learn from in order to facilitate more effective outcomes. A Promising Practice must include practical experiences, applications for others, and a discussion of implications for improving future practice.
- Book Reviews: The Journal hopes to publish reviews of books that are recommended to others in the field of Public health. Therefore, only positive reviews of texts less than one year old will be published.
- Multimedia Presentations: One of the benefits of electronic publication is the ability to utilize various forms of electronic medium to inform others. The Journal will work with authors to present electronic materials such as PowerPoint presentations, Quick Time video clips, pod casts, or other electronic materials.
- Online Poster Presentations: The Journal invites academic posters of new, breaking, or partial studies. It is the hope of the Editors that all posters will eventually be presented as full manuscripts to the Journal.
- Commentaries: Commentaries from leading Public Health figures will be an invited section in each issue of the Journal. Guidelines will be discussed with each invited author.
The Washington State Journal of Public Health Practice now accepts manuscripts for review only through electronic submission at msTracker. To submit your manuscript, please refer to the Guidelines for Authors at the top of this page. The link to the electronic submission portal can be found at: