Welcome to the Women's and Gender Studies Program!
We offer an interdisciplinary minor that addresses the following volatile questions, among others:
- What is the significance of gender in our lives?
- How are the norms of masculinity and femininity developed, disseminated, and revised in various societies?
- How do these norms affect our ideas about religion, race, beauty, education, war, and sexuality?
- Why does the history of politics, philosophy, business, education, the arts, literature, and natural science seem to be populated almost entirely by men? Is this accurate?
- What would gender equality look like?
If you are interested in pursuing these questions, consider becoming a Women's and Gender Studies minor.
Our faculty are drawn from the disciplines of art, English, communications, philosophy, history, anthropology, sociology, political science, family and consumer sciences, and psychology. In addition to our interdisciplinary approach, many of our courses focus on women's experience across the globe. We work to provide a close intellectual community in which minors can cultivate their existing interests and discover new ones. Along the way, they practice the crucial skills of critical reflection, collaborative learning, and linking theory to action.
The Women's and Gender Studies minor is an ideal complement to any major, as a preparation for diverse career paths. We invite you to learn more about the program by exploring our web page, taking our courses, or meeting our faculty.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Interim Director, Women's and Gender Studies Program