Home | Warning Signs | Reduce Risk | NCAA Athlete Rules | Resources | Did You Know?
Gambling can be fun as long as you are of legal age and gamble responsibly. Many college students assume gambling is a risk-free activity, but research has shown that, for a small percentage of college students, gambling for fun can turn into a serious problem.
- Set a money/time limit and stick to it.
- Make it a rule not to gamble on credit or borrowed money.
- Losses = cost of recreation.
- Expect to lose and treat any winnings as a bonus
- Avoid trying to win back lost money.
- It shouldn’t interfere with /substitute for friends, family, work, or school.
- Don’t gamble as a way to cope with stress, loneliness, or depression.
- Become educated about the warning signs of problem gambling.