Wellness Center
Phone (509) 963- 3213
Location: SURC 256


CWU is a campus community that is free from interpersonal violence.


The mission of P.A.T.H. is to educate the campus community and promote active bystander intervention using a public health approach, while supporting and empowering survivors of interpersonal violence to remain academically and personally successful.


P.A.T.H. is a variety of services that can include confidential advocacy for students who have experienced sexual harassment, stalking, intimate partner violence, domestic violence or sexual assualt. P.A.T.H. can also provide support to CWU students who are friends, partners, and family members of someone who has experienced violence.

P.A.T.H. also provides confidential relationship consultations. These are for students who want to have better communication in their relationships, or who are looking to learn how to build a healthier relationship.

All services are confidential and can be provided in-person or virtually.

Our office uses Microsoft Bookings to schedule appointments. When you open our Bookings Page, you can click the "i" icon for a description of each service to find the best fit for you. For advocacy services, select a "P.A.T.H. Confidential Advocacy Consultation" appointment. For relationship consultations, select "P.A.T.H. Relationship Consultation". Once you select the service, the calendar below will show you current availabilities. You will have the option between in-person or virtual appointment styles (Microsoft Teams platform is used for virtual meetings).

To schedule an appointment with a confidential advocate, visit our Bookings Page.

  • Emotional Support

    Seeking emotional support can be very helpful in the healing process. The following resources can help you process your emotions, work through what happened, and provide information about your options.

    P.A.T.H. - Prevention, Advocacy, Training, Healing

    Wellness Center - SURC 256 - (509) 963 - 3213

    Provides consulation, emotional support, advocacy for accommodations, reporting options, and connection to campus and community resources.

    ASPEN - Off-Campus Advocacy Services

    ASPEN Website

    220 West 4th Avenue - (509) 925 - 9384

    Provides 24-hour confidential advocacy along with support groups and legal and medical assistance. Can also connect you to counseling through Comprehensive Healthcare.

    Student Counseling Services

    Student Counseling Services Website

    Black Hall 225 or Virtual - CWU Campus - (509) 963 - 1391

    Provides CWU students with confidential individual counseling, couples' counseling, affinity and support groups, and crisis appointments.

    WildcatCare365 - 24/7 Virtual Service for all enrolled CWU Students

    Use your MyCWU login information when registering on the WildcatCare365 Website. You have access to "Talk Now" that connects you with a professional counselor in 5 minutes or less. You can schedule ongoing individual counseling, wellness coaching, and more! This services is available 24/7, all year long.

  • Medical Attention

    Seeking medical attention can be critical to assessing your overall health needs and collecting evidence that could be used in legal proceedings. Staff at these facilities are sensitive to your needs and concerns.

    Kittitas Valley Healthcare Emergency Room

    603 S. Chestnut Street - (509) 962 - 9841

    Provides healthcare including emergency contraception, treatment for injuries, sexually transimitted infections, and pregnancy. A Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) can complete a free rape kit assessment. ASPEN advocates (see emotional support) are available on-call to accompany students. Open 24 hours.

    Student Health Services

    Corner of 11th and Poplar Street - CWU Campus - (509) 962 -1881

    Provides confidential healthcare including emergency contraceptive options and treatment for injuries and sexually transimitted infections. Open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm (Summer and Holiday hours are subject to change).

  • Reporting Options

    You may choose to report an incident of sexual misconduct. You have options. You may file a complaint with the university and/or file a report with law enforcement.

    Office of Civil Rights Compliance

    Barge 202 - 509-963-2050

    The Office of Civil Rights Compliance is responsible for processing and responding to all reports of sexual misconduct. The Office of Civil Rights Compliance will work with the Complainant and/or Third-party Reporter to discuss their rights, options, and resources. If you would like to submit a report to the Director of Civil Rights Compliance, you can reach them directly by email or by submitting a Behavior of Concern Report (when submitting the report, select "Sexual Misconduct/ Title IX" as the Report Type).

    Law Enforcement

    CWU Police - 1211 N. Wildcat Way - 911 (Emergency) - (509) 925 - 8534 (Dispatch)

    Ellensburg Police Department - 100 N. Pearl Street - 911 (Emergency) - (509) 925 - 8534 (Dispatch)

    Can take criminal reports and provide information on protection orders. Reports through law enforcement may result in criminal charges.

  • Safety Resources

    Protection Orders

    An order of protection is an official court order that can stop someone from contacting or harassing you. For more information, contact P.A.T.H., ASPEN, or law enforcement.

    Supportive Measures

    Supportive measures can be obtained by speaking with the Office of Civil Rights Compliance. A student does not need to proceed with an investigation in order to obtain supportive measures. To speak with someone about supportive measures, email the Director of Civil Rights Compliance.

    Supportive measures can include:

    • No Contact Order through university
    • modified campus living
    • modified academic classes / schedules
    • modified student employment schedules
    • referral to Student Counseling Services
    • referral to P.A.T.H. Advocate

    Safety Planning

    You can meet with a P.A.T.H. Advocate to create a customized plan to support your physical and emotional safety. To schedule an appointment with a P.A.T.H. Advocate, visit our Bookings Page.

    (When you open our page, you can click the "i" icon for a description of each service to find the best fit for you. For advocacy services, select a "P.A.T.H. Confidential Consult" appointment. Once you select the service, the calendar below will show you current availabilities. You will have the option between in-person or virtual appointment styles (Microsoft Teams platform is used for virtual meetings))

    C.A.T. (Courtsey Assistance Team)

    (509) 963 - 2950

    The Courtesy Assistance Team (CAT) is a student assistance program utilizing students as members. They are trained and managed by University Police services. CAT members will accompany students, staff or faculty across campus during late hours. This service is provided daily when school is in session during the evening hours and is free of charge.

  • Advocacy for Student Success

    Academic and Financial Advocacy

    A P.A.T.H. Advocate can empower a student and facilitate student connection with:

    • Faculty Members
    • Office of the Registrar
    • Office of Financial Aid
    • Financial Wellness Center
    • Office of University Housing .
    • Residence Life Staff
    • Student Employment

Title IX

If you would like more information about Central Washington University's Title IX responsibilities, please visit the Civil Right Compliance Website