Undergraduate Research and Travel Fellowships
Central's Office of Undergraduate Research, through the support of the School of Graduate Studies and Research, is pleased to offer undergraduate students at Central the opportunity to apply for Undergraduate Research and Travel Fellowships.
Application procedures and instructions are summarized below. More details, including current application forms and examples of previous submissions, are available here for Research Fellowships and here for Travel Fellowships.
Fellowship applications are reviewed by the eight (8) member Undergraduate Research Advisory Committee comprised of faculty from across disciplines who consider the merits of the project or the impact of the presentation on the student's professional development.
General Application Information
- REVIEW THE FULL INSTRUCTIONAL PACKETS FOR EACH FELLOWSHIP PRIOR TO BEGINNING THE PAPERWORK. FULL PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT EACH FELLOWSHIPS' WEBSITE.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- All applications required a letter of endorsement from a faculty member.
- Only those applications deemed meritorious by the Committee will receive funding.
- Applications are accepted TWO times during the year: NOVEMBER 10 and FEBRUARY 17. Applications must be received by 5pm on the deadline date in the School of Graduate Studies and Research, Barge 214 (Mailstop 7510), to be considered. If the deadline falls on a weekend, applications will be accepted up to 5pm on the following Monday.
- All Fellowship awards are dependent on available university funding.
- If you need to travel in order to conduct your research, scholarship, or creative activity, apply for an Undergraduate Research Fellowship instead of an Undergraduate Travel Fellowship.
Students often have questions about their application. While it is not required, we are happy to meet with you to discuss your application and answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Dr. Kara Gabriel, Director of the Office of Undergraduate Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org.