All Central Washington University undergraduate students who are admitted to degree programs may apply for an Undergraduate Research Grant to offset expenses associated with faculty-mentored research, scholarship, or creative activities.
- The maximum funding available for an individual students is $500.
- The maximum funding available for a group research project with three or more students is $1200.
- To better ensure distribution of funds across disciplines and research groups, faculty are limited to a maximum of $1500 of research funding for their students in one academic year through the Office of Undergraduate Research.
Students in all disciplines are encouraged to apply. All awardees are required to present at the Symposium Of University Research and Creative Expression (SOURCE).
- Read over the full instructions prior to beginning your application
- The GROUP RESEARCH GRANT is designed to support projects conducted by three or more students and permits a maximum of $1200 in funding.
- Faculty are limited to a maximum of $1500 of research funding for their students in one academic year through the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Research Grant funds cannot be used to support Xeroxing/copying fees on campus, financial incentives/reimbursement for human research participants, or for projects required as part of standard coursework.
- There are two opportunities for students to submit applications.
- Application must be emailed as single electronic document from your @cwu.edu account to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Office of Undergraduate Research) by 5 p.m. on application deadline.