All Central Washington University undergraduate students who are admitted to degree programs may apply for an Undergraduate Research Fellowship to offset expenses associated with faculty-mentored research, scholarship, or creative activities. The maximum funding available for an individual student conducting research is $500 and the maximum funding available for a group research project with three or more students is $1200.
To better ensure distribution of funds across disciplines and research groups, faculty are limited to a maximum of $1500 of research funding for their students in one academic year through the Office of Undergraduate Research.
Students in all disciplines are encouraged to apply. All awardees are required to present at the Symposium Of University Research and Creative Expression (SOURCE).
Fellowship Packet Information and Cover Sheet:
- Read over the full instructions prior to beginning your application
- The GROUP RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP is designed to support projects conducted by three or more students and permits a maximum of $1200 in funding.
- Faculty are limited to a maximum of $1500 of research funding for their students in one academic year through the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Research Fellowships funds cannot be used to support xeroxing/copying fees on campus, financial incentives/reimbursement for human research participants, or for projects required as part of standard coursework.
- There are two opportunities for students to submit applications: NOVEMBER 10 and FEBRUARY 16. Original applications with six (6) copies are due on those dates by 5 p.m. in the School of Graduate Studies and Research, Barge 214, Mailstop 7510.