The deadline for Travel and Research grants is 5:00 pm on Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
What does the Office of Undergraduate Research do?
The Office of Undergraduate Research promotes and supports undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activities in all academic disciplines. Undergraduate Research is one of the "High Impact Practices" strongly encouraged by education experts and offers students an experience that will make an enormous difference in their career paths and lives.
Our Office provides Undergraduate Research Grants and Undergraduate Travel Grants to Central students and hosts the annual Symposium Of University Research and Creative Expression (SOURCE) at which students can present their work.
Academic Year 2015-2016:
Applications for Undergraduate Research and Travel Grants are accepted in November and February. Look under the "Student Resources" left-side menu item for links to the fellowship packets.
- GROUP Research Grants are designed to fund projects with three or more students with a maximum award of $1200.
- To better distribute funds across disciplines and research projects, each faculty mentor's students can receive a maximum of $1500 in funding for research for each academic year.
- Funds cannot be used to support Xeroxing/copying fees on campus, financial incentives/reimbursement for human research participants, or for projects required as part of standard coursework.
- Travel Authorization Forms are NO longer required as part of Travel Grant submissions but will need to be completed if students receive funding. International travel requires clearance from International Studies a minimum of six months in advance.
Office of Undergraduate Research News:
- The International Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Expression is accepting submissions. The online journal is co-sponsored by Central Washington University and Pacific University and welcomes the submission of research articles, fiction, poetry, photography, video, and other creative works from all academic disciplines.
- Our Office of Undergraduate Research is a proud member of the Council on Undergraduate Research.