Undergraduate Research and Travel Fellowships
The Office of Undergraduate Research & SOURCE supports undergraduate students through Undergraduate Research and Travel Fellowships. Application procedures and instructions are summarized below. More details are available here for Research Fellowships and here for Travel Fellowships.
General Application Information
- REVIEW THE FULL INSTRUCTIONAL PACKETS FOR EACH FELLOWSHIP PRIOR TO BEGINNING THE PAPERWORK. FULL PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT EACH FELLOWSHIPS' WEBSITE.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- All applications required a letter of endorsement from a faculty member.
- Only those applications deemed meritorious by the Committee will receive funding.
- Applications are accepted TWO times during the year.
- Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on the deadline date in the Office of Undergraduate Research & SOURCE, Black Hall 225-18/19, (Mailstop 7401), to be considered. If the deadline falls on a weekend, applications will be accepted up to 5 p.m. on the following Monday.
- All Fellowship awards are dependent on available university funding.
- If you need to travel to conduct your research, scholarship, or creative activity, apply for an Undergraduate Research Fellowship instead of an Undergraduate Travel Fellowship.
Students often have questions about their application. While it is not required, we are happy to meet with you to discuss your application and answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research, at email@example.com.