Skip to body


Summer Institute Getting Started

Enroll as a Degree-seeking Student - MA seeking student

Application material can be found at HERE

The review of applications for Summer admission begin on 1 March and continues until the cohort has been filled.  Registration for course work begins in early May and continues through the first day of class or until class limits have filled. All tuition and fees, including the registration fee, will be included in the summer billing.  There is no additional tuition for out-of-state student for this program.

Students enrolling as a degree seeking student enroll through MyCWU,
once accepted in the MA program.

Enroll as an Enrichment Student - non-degree seeking student

Applications material can be found HERE .

Registration for course work begins in early May and continues through the first day of class or until class limits have filled. All tuition and fees, including the registration fee, will be included in the summer billing.

Completed enrichment applications should be returned to the
Theatre Arts Department as indicated on the form.

International students should contact the Office of International Studies for documentation required to enter the country for education purposes. 509-963-3614.

Financial Aid

For a student to be considered for financial aid the you must do the following:

  1. Be accepted into a graduate program at CWU
  2. Fill out a a current FAFSA application
  3. Register for your summer courses
  4. Contact the CWU Office of Financial Aid  and review the information at  Summer Financial Aid 

Textbook Orders

Due to the abbreviated class schedule of Summer Institute offerings,  textbooks are generally not available through our campus bookstore and should be purchased directly from your favorite online book seller.

Specially developed "Coursepacks" can only be purchased through the CWU Wildcat Bookstore by calling 509-963-1512 or 509-963-1648.

For a complete list of required books, or to contact the instructor about text book requirements, see Summer Institute Required Textbooks.

It is expected the reading list in the syllabus will be read prior to the first day of class, unless otherwise noted.


Pre-registration for summer session for enrichment students can be found at
Registration begins in early May and continues until the course begins or has reached the enrollment cap.

If you have been accepted into the MA Theatre Production degree program, you can register in your SAFARI Wildcat Connection account.


For program specific short-term summer housing application contact: 
CWU Conference Programs at  800-752-4379 toll free
or download the application here Housing info and Application

Meal Plans

The impressive Student Union/Recreation Center (SURC) brings with it a myriad of choices in cuisine and costs, that promises to keep your tummy full of nutritious foods without taxing your pocketbook.

Dine at up to eight distinctly different dining locations this summer, including:

  • Holmes Dining Room in the SUB-REC: All You Can Eat Service.
  • Central Marketplace in the SUB-REC: Ala Carte Style in six unique stations which include:
      Taglianno's Pizza and Pasta; 
      Totally Tossed Salads; 
      Asian Angle; 
      Lion's Rock Broiler; 
      El Gato Loco; and 
      Wrap and Roll Deli Bar

Students can also use meal plan money at any on-campus espresso bar or convenience store, but the charges do come out of your meal plan account and are high-end retail prices. These options include:

  • Cat Trax East Espresso and Smoothie Bar - in the SUB-REC
  • NVC Espresso Bar - at North Village Cafe
  • Cat's Convenience Store - in the SUB-REC
  • NVC Store - at North Village Cafe

If you are the kind of person who wants, and will eat, three square meals a day,  Holmes Dining Room (All You Can Eat Service) may be the option for you.

Not fond of breakfast? The same plan for lunch and dinner only is available for the entire  summer session.

Only going to be in Ellensburg for a few weeks or not sure you want to eat on campus every day? Students can put any amount of money on a Connection Card, in $20 increments, throughout the summer.

So, for example, students could put $189 on their cards at the beginning of the summer. This would cover lunch and dinner at Holmes Dining Room for the first two six-day sessions. If you found, at the end of session two, that the plan was working well for you, then money could be added to cover as many additional days or weeks as you wished. If you found that you had money left, you may want to reconsider the amount you put on your Connection Card for the next six-day session. The other advantage of the Connection Card is that it eliminates sales tax costs you will pay if you buy your meals with cash in those same on-campus facilities.

BUT consider your choices carefully; money that remains in the plan at the end of the summer session will not be refunded or credited.

Also consider some of the fine dining in town, including the ever-popular TAV. Summer graduate students often plan at least one weekly social gathering at an off-campus restaurant. Participation in these social events and dinners is informal and optional.

Also note that Dining options change on the weekends. Check the link for dining hours.

All You Can Eat dinners are not available on Friday and Saturday nights if no large conferences are on campus, so your options will run more towards 'fast food' style dining on campus.

For more information or to set up your meal plan, please contact the SURC Connection Card office, open Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm, at  (509) 963-2711.