Admission to Central Washington University's Department of Theatre Arts BFA program is based on talent, academic achievements, commitment to the craft of theatre as a career, and the potential for success in a professional theatre career.
No audition is required for BA admission
The BFA programs are considered "Non-Cut Programs with Progressive Evaluation."
Each BFA area will be admitting 12 students for the next academic year.
The Application Process
1. Apply to Central Washington University through the Office of Admissions, or be a continuing CWU undergraduate student.
2. Submit the FAFSA Application.
3. Upload all materials appropriate to your area of focus, as outlined on our online submission site. Screening in will begin Feb 1, and will continue until spaces are filled.
All applications will require the following two documents along with your personal material such as resume, headshot, recommendations, and videos of your work.
4. CWU faculty will review your completed application.
5. Personal telephone/Skype interviews will be arranged with semifinalist candidates between Feb 15 and March 15.
6. On-campus auditions, if required, will be arranged in early March for final round auditions. You will receive confirmation of your date and time by email.
If you have any questions about this process please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org