Enroll as a Degree-seeking Student - MA seeking student
How to Apply
There are three ways in which you can apply to Central Washington University:
- Apply on-line. (Preferred) Submit your application electronically with the on-line application form. With this option, you will need to pay electronically with a credit card.
- Request to have an application sent to your address.
- Download the application materials and send them to the School of Graduate Studies and Research.
School of Graduate Studies Requirements:
- Application ($50.00 fee)
- Statement of Educational and Professional Objectives (may be submitted with your online application; It should be a clear, informative letter about your interest in graduate study, research interests, pertinent work experience, and career goals)
- Three letters of recommendation (May be submitted online with your application by supplying contact information for your three recommenders. These recommenders will receive an automatic email notifying them of your request to complete a recommendation. If your recommender prefers to send a letter by mail, forms can be found here).
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended - 3.0 GPA or above on your last 90 quarter credits / 60 semester credits
Please have transcripts mailed directly to:
Central Washington University
School of Graduate Studies and Research
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7510
Theatre Arts Department Requirements:
- Two years of teaching experience, or two years of professional theatre experience earned in preparation for teaching. (Include documentation as a portion of Statement of Educational and Professional Objectives submitted to the School of Graduate studies)
- Permission of the faculty, which may include prerequisite or background courses If the candidate does not hold a bachelor’s degree in theatre - including one academic year in theatre history and/or history prerequisite. If this is not met a conditional admission will be extended and reviewed after the first year of study.
The review of applications for Summer admission begins as applications are received and continues until the cohort has been filled.
There is no additional tuition premium for out-of-state students entering his program.
When you receive an offer of acceptance, you must pay your confirmation deposit.
Do this through MyCWU and click on "student services center."
Click the drop-down tab for "finances." Click on "Account inquiry."
From there, follow the steps to pay your bill.
Students should contact the Office of International Studies for documentation required to enter the country for education purposes. firstname.lastname@example.org 509-963-3614.
For a student to be considered for financial aid the you must do the following:
- Be accepted into a graduate program at CWU
- Fill out a a current FAFSA application
- Register for your summer courses
- Contact the CWU Office of Financial Aid and review the information at Summer Financial Aid
If you have been accepted into the MA Theatre Production degree program, you can register in MyCWU account.
Registration begins in early May and continues until the course begins or has reached the enrollment cap.