- CWU Theatre Alumni | LinkedIn - Central Theatre Ensemble Alumni Network
CWU Alumni Association | Honored Alumni
Graduates of Central pursue many kinds of careers, both in and out of theatre arts.
Professional opportunities abound in professional theatre and entertainment industries to include repertory companies, performing arts centers, regional theatres, touring companies, dinner theatres, film and television, theme parks, children's theatre and industrial films and shows.
The entertainment industry and recreation are also viable career options for the theatre grad. Communications is also a growing industry with vast opportunity in many areas including radio, film, commercials, business promotions and multimedia sales.
More and more CWU grads are finding their way into some of the most prestigious graduate programs in the country, which will allow for even further advancement in the business. In the past five years the department has placed more than 20 graduates in M.A. and M.F.A. programs throughout the country, most with full scholarships and assistantships.
But theatre training is also invaluable for those who pursue careers in law, business, the health professions, public service, arts management, display advertising, sales and marketing, public relations, and industrial and labor relations.
CWU alums, like most graduates of theatre programs, will agree that you cannot duplicate good theatre training. Its values are immeasurable for your career -- whatever that may be!
Our Students Find Success
CWU's Theatre Arts Department is proud of the success that our graduates have found, not only in some of the nation's top MFA programs, but also working in professional organizations.
In the past six years our graduates have been placed in MFA programs, in acting, technology, and theatre management at: University of Wisconsin Milwaukee; University of Delaware; University of Cincinnati; Southern Methodist University; University of Florida/Asolo Conservatory; Northern Illinois University; Mason Gross School of Arts at Rutgars University; Brooklyn College at the City University of New York; University of California Fullerton; University of North Carolina; University of California at Davis; Southern Illinois University, and University of California School of Film. Several have already earned their MFA degrees.
Our education graduates are working in elementary, middle and high schools throughout Washington, Oregon and California. And still more of our graduates are working and auditioning in Seattle, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. And the common link? An undergraduate degree from the Theatre Arts Department at CWU!
Our graduates are also working, or have worked, professionally in some of the following organizations:
- Disney World (Dancer/Performer}
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (Technical Manager)
- Juneau-Douglas High School (Technical Director)
- WICKED The Musical (dresser)
- Sante Fe Opera (Sound Tech)
- Seattle Children's Theatre (Intern)
- Idaho Repertory Theatre (Properties)
- University of Florida's Phillips CenterPerforming Arts (Lighting Technician)
- Idaho Repertory Theatre (Assistant Costume Designer)
- Seattle Children's Theatre (stage management, technical direction)
- Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus (lighting designer)
- An Evening with Andrew Lloyd Weber National Tour (lighting)
- Everett Performing Arts Center (Marketing Coordinator)
- Village Theatre (Box Office) (actor)
- The Gutherie Theatre (acting and stage management)
- Williamstown Theatre Festival (technical director) (carpenter)
- Pacific Center for the Performing Arts (acting)
- Holland America Cruise Lines (entertainment)
- University of Wyoming Summer Theatre (acting)
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival (acting)
- Wisconsin Shakespeare Festival (acting)
- Washington Shakespeare Festival (acting and design)
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival (acting)
- National Shakespeare Company (acting)
- Pace (tour management)
- Peck Summer Theatre (acting)
- Summer Palace Theatre (acting)
- Yakima Valley Community College (technical director)
- Capitol Theatre (stage management)
- Columbia Gorge Repertory Theatre (acting)
- Seattle Repertory Theatre (stage management)
- Disneyland (entertainment and design)
Alumni: Let us know where you are and what you are doing by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.