Admission to Central Washington University's Department of Theatre Arts BFA program is based on talent, academic achievements, commitment to the craft of theatre as a career, and the potential for success in a professional theatre career.
No audition is required for BA admission
The BFA programs are considered "Non-Cut Programs with Progressive Evaluation."
Each BFA area will be admitting 12 students for the next academic year.
1. Upload all materials appropriate to your area of focus, as outlined on our online submission site. Screening will begin as applications are received, and will continue until spaces are filled.
All applications will require the following two documents along with your personal material such as resume, headshot, recommendations, and videos of your work.
2. CWU faculty will review your completed application.
3. Personal telephone/Skype interviews will be arranged with semifinalist candidates as needed.
4. On-campus auditions, if required, will be arranged in early March for final round auditions. You will receive confirmation of your date and time by email.
5. Apply to Central Washington University through the Office of Admissions, or be a continuing CWU undergraduate student.
6. Submit the FAFSA Application.
If you have any questions about this process please contact us at email@example.com
Joshua Kelly, a CWU theatre arts master's degree candidate, is directing Look Back in Anger for TheVintage US Army Uniforms Donated To CWU Theatre Arts
Fifty years of US Army uniforms, from World War II to the Vietnam War, are now available to studentCWU's Central Theatre Ensemble Receives 2015 Best Of Ellensburg Award
The Central Theatre Ensemble has been selected for the 2015 Best of Ellensburg Award in the Theater