Taking an Exam at Testing Services
CWU Testing Services offers a distraction-free, safe environment in which to take exams. Find out what to expect on the day of your test.
Testing Services Expectations
- All testers will be asked to provide a valid ID before testing.
- All cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off and stored in a designated area.
- No additional material is allowed in the testing room.
- Eating, drinking, and the use of tobacco products is prohibited in the testing facilities.
Find out What to Expect When Taking an Exam at CWU Testing Services
Canceling, Rescheduling, and No Shows
If you are unable to test on the date and time you have been assigned, please email us at CWUTesting@cwu.edu at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you do not contact us within 24 hours, you will be marked as a No Show, and you will need to reschedule.
All receipts purchased through CWU's the Cashier's Office or Testing Services online portal are considered valid by CWU Testing Services for a period of ninety (90) days. After ninety (90) days of the original issue date, no test will be given and no refund will be issued.
Anyone requesting a refund will need to supply Testing Services with their name, receipt number, phone number, and mailing address before a refund can be issued.
Because of the limited nature of appointments, no refunds for purchases made through CWU will be issued for:
- A test ended for inappropriate activity on your part
- Not being allowed to test due to not having correct ID or proper testing materials
If you have scheduled and paid for your test through a test vendor, visit their website for information on refunds.