Skip to body

Education, Development, Teaching, and Learning

College of Education and Professional Studies

Achieve your dream teaching position with an education degree from CWU!


Welcome to the Department of Education, Development, Teaching, and Learning at Central Washington University!

We're excited to invite you to be a part of our vibrant community of educators and leaders who are making a positive impact on the world.

At Central, we believe that education is the key to unlocking your potential and achieving your dreams. We're here for your future, whether you're just starting out on your educational journey or you're ready to take the next step in your career.

As a student in our programs, you'll have access to a range of opportunities to help you do something great. Whether you want to become a teacher, a leader in education, or a researcher, we offer cutting-edge programs that will prepare you to succeed in the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow.

Our faculty and staff are committed to building a community that is inclusive, supportive, and focused on your success. You belong here, and we're here to help you achieve your goals every step of the way.

Join us at Central and become a part of a movement of Wildcats who are doing the work that moves our world forward. You have the potential to make a difference, and we're excited to help you unlock it. Apply today and let's start building a better future together!


Undergraduate Majors, Minors and Endorsement Programs

We offer an array of undergraduate, post-baccalaureate and teacher preparation programs.
Bilingual Education Minor
• Early Childhood Education (Birth to Grade 3): Major and Minor
Elementary Education (Kindergarten to Grade 8) Major
Literacy Minor
• Special Education: Major, Endorsable Minor and Non-Endorsable Minor
Teaching English Language Learners (TELL) Minor


Post-Baccalaureate, Professional Development and Graduate Program Options 


Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree may obtain initial licensure through our teacher education programs via a Post-Baccalaureate endorsement/licensure. You may take courses at the undergraduate or graduate level, depending on your interests.

Professional Development

For current educators who wish to advance their careers and teaching, we provide coursework toward additional endorsements such as ELL, clock hours and online programs.



Take the next step in your career - apply online today!

Choose one of the options below that best indicates your goal: 

I want coursework and credits toward a degree Contact the Admissions Office

I want clock hours

I want coursework only, not a degree

Complete the Non-Matriculated Application and email it to CWU Registration


Join us online! Join the conversation! Follow us! 

Find out about projects, events, articles, and developments in education. Share your stories. Continue your journey.

Facebook icon Twitter icon Instagram Icon



Statement on 34 CFR 668.43(a)(5)(v) and 34 CFR 668.43(c) Candidates of Central Washington University’s Teacher Certification Program, complete requirements to be recommended for certification or endorsement in the state of Washington. Completion of the Teacher Certification Program requires students to maintain a 3.0 GPA, graduate with an endorsable degree and pass state assessments. Except for Washington State, CWU has made no determination if this program will lead to licensure in your state or the state in which you are seeking licensure. Please reference the resources below to determine licensure requirements and/or transfer policies in your state. The National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC) have negotiated licensure reciprocity agreements among states. This means that if you earn licensure in Washington you may be able to gain licensure in your own state based on proof of a valid Washington license. NASDTEC agreements can be found by clicking the link below. Please note: requirements for licensure can change without notice, therefore it is important to contact your State Department of Education to confirm reciprocity with your state. The U.S. Department of Education list of state contacts and information can be found here.



Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.