Skip to body

Teacher Certification

College of Education and Professional Studies

WEST-B and WEST-E Exams

NOTE: Upon receiving the test scores, it is the student's responsibility to keep the WEST-B and WEST-E scores in a safe place. The Certification Office does not release scores. If a student has misplaced his/her test scores, the student will need to contact the testing company to order another set.

FREE WEST-B Test Preparation Resource: If you need assistance preparing for the WEST-B, we encourage you to check out the resources on the following link:

WEST-B: As of October 5, 2013, the WEST-B will no longer be offered as a paper-based exam. All WEST exams will be computer-based only.

WEST-B/ACT/SAT Scores: Students may satisfy the basic skills requirement for admittance into the CWU Teacher Certification Program through any of the following test scores:


515+ (prior to 3/2016)

27.5+ (after 3/2016)


500+ (prior to 3/2016)

27+ (after 3/2016)


490+ (prior to 3/2016)

28+ (after 3/2016)

8+ (2/2005 - 8/2015)

23+ (9/2015 - 8/2016)

8+ (after 8/2016)


PRAXIS II vs. WEST-E: As of September 1, 2008, the new WEST-E is in effect for all candidates wishing to obtain teacher certification or add endorsements to their current teaching certificate. Please feel free to contact the Certification Office at or (509) 963-2660 if you have any questions.

NES Exam: As of August 1, 2014, the new National Evaluation Series (NES) exam has been implemented in the following endorsement areas:

    Early Childhood Education (test code 101)
    Elementary Education Subtest 1 (test code 102)
    Elementary Education Subtest 2 (test code 103)
    English Language Arts (test code 301)
    Mathematics (test code 304)
    Middle Level Math (test code 203)
    Reading (test code 104)

Candidates who are pursuing one of the above endorsement areas and who have not yet passed the WEST-E exam, must take and pass the new NES exam for certification purposes. If you have passed only one subtest of the WEST-E exam in Elementary Education, you will only need to take and pass the NES subtest exam in which you have not yet passed.



Apply for a WEST-B Voucher 


WEST-E and/or NES Exam

Apply for a WEST-E Computer-based Voucher 

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.