The Graduation Application can be submitted directly to Degree Checkout in Mitchell Hall or online through MyCWU. Please contact Degree Checkout for application deadlines or go online to http://www.cwu.edu/registrar/degree-checkout for more information. The fee associated with graduation is $50. A check made payable to CWU in the amount of $50 may be sent to Degree Checkout with your Graduation Application.
The process for final certification has changed. The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) has implemented an online certification system called eCert. In order to be recommended for and receive your official teaching certificate, you must create an account through the online e-Cert system. This should have already been done when you applied for student teaching. If not, below are the instructions.
Carefully follow the steps below to create an account through eCert:
- Go to https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us
- Click on the Create an Account tab
- Create a Username: must be a valid email address.
- Create a Password: must be at least 8 characters long, contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, and one symbol.
- Click Register, then Not Now.
- Wait about an hour and log back in.
- Select the My Applications link.
- Select E-Certification
- Enter or confirm your demographic information.
- Click on the Home tab
- Choose Apply for a Washington Credential Here
- Complete a Pre-Residency Clearance application