Blackboard (https://courses.cwu.edu/webapps/login/) is the online platform used in your ProTeach course, whether you are in a CWU center section or taking a course online.
- Before your first class, you MUST do the following.
- Set-up your CWU e-mail account: http://www.cwu.edu/its-helpdesk/passwords.
- Your CWU login ID and password gives you access to your course’s Blackboard site and to your CWU e-mail. CWU e-mail is on-line at https://gwweb.cwu.edu.
- Learn all you ever wanted to know about GroupWise e-mail on the web at http://www.cwu.edu/its-training/groupwise-all-users.
- Course announcements may be e-mailed, as well as posted to the course’s Blackboard home page, and the e-mail function in Blackboard may be used by your instructor and/or your fellow ProTeach candidates.
- Note: Passwords expire every 3-4 months. You will receive an e-mail notice 10 days before it expires. Directions for changing your password: http://www.cwu.edu/its/student-password-change.
- If you are unfamiliar with Blackboard, or have not used it in the past two years, learn the system. You will find tutorials at http://www.cwu.edu/online-learning/student-help.
Be prepared! Begin your first ProTeach class at full speed. It is not your ProTeach instructor’s role to teach you how to use Blackboard.