Skip to body

SURC Accounting

Student Academic Senate

Funds can be requested from Student Academic Senate to support travel, registration, guest speakers, and lodging.

Instructions for requesting club/academic funds can be found here

  1. Allowable Reimbursable Expenses
  2. Submitting Documentation for Reimbursement


Allowable Reimbursable Expenses:

Purchases are paid on a reimbursement basis only. Purchases allowable for reimbursement are:


  • Travel: Costs for getting to and from an event; includes all transportation such as mileage reimbursement for car travel, bus far, train fare or airfare.
  • Registration: Costs for participating at a conference or academically enriching event.
  • Guest Speakers: Costs for bringing non-University people to speak at an event. Guest speakers must be recommended by a student representative of a SAS-recognized department. You are required to work with SURC Accounting and the Contracts Office to create a Personal Services Contract for your speaker if the amount is greater than $10,000.00. A speaker is not officially approved until a contract has been issued and signed. Guest speakers require a W-9, A-19 or Invoice.
  • Hotel: Costs for hotel/motel lodging while participating in an event such as a conference or workshop. Hotel costs will only be reimbursed if the event is more than 50 miles away from Ellensburg. Hotel receipts must be detailed and list all charges separately to ensure funding is spent in accordance with University and State guidelines.

Please speak with SURC Accounting if you have any questions regarding receipt/documentation for your expenses to ensure prompt reimbursement.

If there are any expenses that you are unsure of, or documentation is different than normal, please talk to SURC Accounting to ensure the documentation is acceptable for reimbursement and any supporting documents are also obtained.

Back to Top



Submitting Documentation for Reimbursement:

After completion of the event or travel, you must report back to Student Academic Senate. If you miss this meeting, your funds request will not be funded. After reporting back to Student Academic Senate, you have 1 week to turn in all relevant receipts for reimbursement to SURC Accounting (SURC 250).

In the event that all receipts have not been returned to SURC Accounting within the 1 week timeframe, only those receipts turned in will be reimbursed.

You will be reimbursed through the online travel report process. SURC Accounting will e-mail out instructions on how to complete this portion after all receipts have been submitted to SURC Accounting (or the 1 week window to turn in receipts has closed) and all of the information reconciled.

The reimbursement process takes roughly two to three weeks from the time that our office receives the approval of funds after the report back has been completed. You will receive an e-mail to your CWU email account from a SURC Accounting staff member indicating the release and any additional information that may be needed.

Back to Top



1A receipt is any document that shows a detail of the charge(s) and proof of completion of the payment (e.g. credit/debit card charge, $0.00 ending balance, etc.)

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.