Nature & Scope
The Student Leadership Group (SLG) is comprised of motivated University Center students who are committed to providing an outstanding academic and student life at their home campus. SLG Representatives work with Westside Student Life to assess the needs of the student body, identify student needs and concerns, communicate information and updates, and coordinate extra and co-curricular activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Brainstorm, plan, implement, and assess student events and activities
• Identify and gather information on student concerns
• Communicate student concerns and potential solutions to University Center staff
• Increase student awareness of CWU and community college programs and services
• Complete program arrangements and paperwork in a timely manner
• Engage in Leadership Development activities
• Attend weekly Student Leadership Group meetings
• Staff student events and activities
• Attend all mandatory training and leadership development sessions
• Represent SLG by wearing leadership apparel at all CWU events
• Registered for at least 6 credits each quarter (except summer)
• Minimum 2.50 GPA
• Need multiple students to work approximately 5 hours per week
• Commitment to engaging their peers at CWU and improving quality of campus life
• Highly motivated and organized individuals
What educational benefits will the student gain from this position?
SLG representatives will gain valuable skills in project management, event planning, communication, team building, and leadership, while working in a team-oriented and enthusiastic environment.
Start date: Winter Quarter 2015, with the expectation employees would work at least three quarters or more.
How to Appl
For all students attending our Des Moines or Pierce County Center, please submit a cover letter and resume to Ashlee Norris, Associate Director of Westside Student Life at email@example.com or call 206-419-9717 for questions.
dfds For all Students attending our Lynnwood Center, please submit a cover letter and resume to Zack Kramer, Student Life Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-640-1574 ext. 3872 for questions.
If I’m not in a Student Leadership Group, can I still get involved?
Absolutely! You’ll hear about various events and programs going on at your Center and can attend as many as you’d like. Past events have included free food/social events on campus, guest speakers, trips to sporting events, and community service projects.
Student Leadership and InvolvementWestside Student Life provides opportunities for students to get i