CWU Campus Activities Team
Activities Coordinator (click for full job description)
Current openings at Lynnwood/Everett and Pierce County campuses.
The Campus Activities Team (CAT) is comprised of motivated Westside Center students who are committed to providing an outstanding student and academic life at their home center. CAT-Activities Coordinators work with Westside Student Life to develop activities centered around three areas (diversity, community outreach, campus connections); promote student involvement; participate in and facilitate a team approach with coworkers; complete necessary administrative tasks; and provide appropriate customer service to students, faculty and staff. The Activities Coordinator position has a variable time commitment, which typically ranges from 5-10 hours a week, with time spent during evenings and weekends. A total of six Activities Coordinators will be hired per Westside Center. CAT-Activities Coordinators will gain valuable skills in project management, event planning, communication, team building, and leadership, while working in a team-oriented and enthusiastic environment.
- Brainstorm, plan, implement and assess student events and activities
- Increase student awareness of CWU and community college programs and services
- Post at least once per week to one or more CWU Westside social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest)
- Use events and social networks to educate students on diversity/social justice, campus resources and community opportunities
- Create an interactive display or bulletin board once per quarter
- Identify and gather information on student concerns
- Communicate student concerns and potential solutions to University Center staff
- Encourage behaviors that contribute to academic success
- Attend weekly staff meetings (typically 1-1.5 hours/week)
- Staff CAT and Westside Center events and activities
- Attend all training and leadership development sessions
- Represent CAT by wearing leadership apparel at all CWU events
- Collaborate with other CAT members on events and displays
- Complete program arrangements and paperwork in a timely manner
- Meet with supervisor periodically to discuss event planning progress
- Become knowledgeable about all student services in order to assist students and build campus community
- Registered for at least 6 credits each quarter and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA
- Ability to work on-campus approximately 5-10 hours per week
- Willingness to work from home when necessary
- Commitment to engaging peers at CWU and improving quality of campus life
- Highly motivated and organized
- Ability to approach problems creatively
- Experience developing and facilitating events
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Applications, Adobe Photoshop and various social media
- Availability to work for three consecutive quarters or more
The Associate Director for Westside Student Life (Des Moines and Pierce County) or the Student Resource Manager (Everett/Lynnwood) directly supervises Activities Coordinators of their respective campuses. The Activities Coordinators will receive feedback from their supervisor on a regular basis regarding performance issues, strengths and areas for growth.
How to Apply:
Interested students should email a letter of interest and resume with any questions to Ashlee Norris, Associate Director for Westside Student Life, Anorris@cwu.edu (Des Moines or Pierce County Center) or Zack Kramer, Student Resource Manager KramerZ@cwu.edu (Lynnwood or Everett Center).