Click here if you are hiring a student online through PeopleAdmin.
If not, then follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Student is selected for hire.
Step 2: Run CWHRD_SE_CHECK_CREDIT_B in the Query Friendly Viewer
To locate Query Friendly Viewer sign into MyCWU, Main Menu, Campus Solutions, CWU Reporting Solutions, Query Friendly Viewer, click green arrow by HR- Student Information for Depts (towards the bottom), click on HTML.
This query helps you ensure each student has enough credits to qualify as a student employee. Please check this query before proceeding with hiring your student employees.
If your student has already worked on campus then they will have any I-9 on file.
If your student has never worked on campus then they will need to do an I-9 and we will contact you and your student.
Step 3: If student does not already have a background check on file, complete the Intent to Hire Form web form. If you are hiring online through PeopleAdmin you do not need to fill out the Intent to Hire Form.
For work study students email the upload spreadsheet to email@example.com first (not firstname.lastname@example.org). Financial aid will forward the upload spreadsheet to email@example.com when they are done confirming the work study funding.
If your not sure your student has work study or not contact Lisa Montgomery in the Work Study office at call at X3059 or email her at MontgomeryL@cwu.edu.
For student positions that are funded on a grant send the upload spreadsheet to Heather Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org first (not email@example.com). Heather will forward the upload spreadsheet on to firstname.lastname@example.org when she is done authorizing the grant funding.
Explanation of all the codes you need can be found on the coding cheat sheet.
Step 5: Give the following instructions to the new student employee:
- Monitor your CWU email account and respond to the HireRight email. Failure to initiate the online background check process will delay when you can start working.
- Complete the on-line background check authorization form from HireRight email@example.com and notify your supervisor that you have done so.
- Monitor your CWU email account and when instructed, access self-service and initiate the I-9 process no later than the first day of work
- On the first day of work, take your original unexpired identification to the Human Resources Office, Bouillon 140, to complete the I-9 process. While in HR they should also complete a PERS Waiver.
- Advise your student their W-4 is automatically done for them with single zero as the default. If they would like to change that they need to do so thru their self-service account. Direct deposit is also set up thru their self-service account.
If any student needs disability-related accommodations in order to perform the duties of his/her position, please encourage the student to contact the Disability Services Office in Bouillon Hall Suite 140; phone (509) 963-1202; Email firstname.lastname@example.org.