NOTES TO STUDENT EMPLOYEE:
Please read then complete following fields
It is your responsibility to find employment; we will not “assign” a job to you.
- You are allowed to work an average of 19 hours/week if you are enrolled FULL TIME (12 credits or more). If you are an international student, you cannot exceed 19 hours per week. If you are enrolled HALF-TIME (at least 6 credits and no more than 11 credits), you can work 69 hours per month (average 15 hours per week). Further, you cannot work more than 516 hours in a six-month period exclusive of work performed during breaks. (Special rules apply to graduate students and assistants.)
- It is your responsibility to stay within the hours allowed to work limits; if you have more than one job on campus, you MUST coordinate your hours with each area in which you work.
- During term breaks you may work 40 hours per week if you maintained full time enrollment during all terms in the current academic year prior to the break, and are pre-registered at least half time for the term immediately following the break. For more information see the easy tutorial on Student Employment website: www.cwu.edu/student-employment
- If you drop below 6 credits, stop working and promptly notify your employer
- As a student employee, you are not eligible for employee benefits such as health care or retirement.
- You are paid on an hourly basis for the hours actually worked and must submit timesheets to your supervisor no later than the last work day of each pay period (1st - 15th and the 16th - the last day of the month); pay days are normally the 10th and 25th of each month.
- Your employer must pay you for all hours worked; the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) prohibits employers from accepting volunteer hours from any employee whom they have hired for pay.
- Your student job is temporary employment and may be terminated at any time before the "expected end date" with no right of appeal. You may resign at any time; please notify your supervisor as far in advance as possible.
- FICA Tax is not deducted during the academic year. If you violate the rules of student employment (hours, credits, etc.), you may be subject to re-pay the FICA taxes that were not withheld from your pay.
- You must not disclose any information to which you have access as an employee of CWU, except to authorized personnel as required by your job duties.