Hiring Student Employees
|The Talent Acquisition Team (TAT) is here to help. Contact them at (509) 963-1202.|
Refer to the Recruiting Solutions User Guide for instructions.
Please note that a background check must clear and required paperwork be completed before your student employee may begin work.
1. Write a position description (transferable skills list).
*If processing a rehire:
Advertising Plan - if necessary
|5. Work with your Talent Acquisition Team (TAT) to create a job posting.|
Selection Process - if necessary
6. Review applicants online in Recruiting Solutions – TAT will provide access to applicant pools as requested.
7. Prepare interview and reference check questions and review the ‘don’t ask’ list.
Hiring: Brand New Hire
|11. Prepare a job offer online |
[Refer to Recruiting Solutions User Guide page 15.]
12. Notify applicant to watch for email or text from “HireRight” to consent to background check.
13. Upon receipt of “Job Offer has been Approved" email, remind your student employee to accept the job offer per email instructions.
14. Remind your student employee to report to HR to complete the I-9.
You’ll know your student employee has been cleared to work if they have a yellow sticker on their connection card.
If the I-9 is not completed by the end of the third day after beginning work, the job will be terminated and your student may no longer work as he or she has not proven eligibility to be employed in the United States.
Hiring: Rehires and Work Study
|15. Welcome your new student employee!|
16. Have your student employee complete the required compliance training, Treating People with Dignity and Respect, on the Required Student Training webpage and review the University Safety Overview.
|If any student needs a disability-related accommodations to perform the duties of the position, have the student contact Disability Services at (509) 963-2214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Regular student employees, those not receiving work study funds, may now work 20 hours per week.&nbsSummit At Snoqualmie Job Recruiting!
Summit at Snoqualmie will be in the SURC Ballroom Wednesday October 26, 2016 from 12:00pm-4:00pm forNational Student Employee Recognition
Congratulations to all of the nominees!