Step 1: Student is selected for hire.
Step 2: Run CWHRD_SE_CHECK_CRED_ID_PRMT_B in the Friendly Query Viewer (Sign into Wildcat Connection, Safari, Staff Safari, Main Menu, CWU Reporting Solutions, Query Friendly Viewer, click green arrow by HR- Student Information for Depts, click on HTML). This query helps you ensure each student has:
• Enough credits to qualify as a student employee
• An I-9 on file
Note: If an I-9 form is already on-file (per the query information above), the student does not need to complete another one.
Step 3: If student does not already have a background check on file, complete the Intent to Hire Form web form.
Step 4: Complete the Upload Spreadsheet and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org for workstudy employees email spreadsheet to email@example.com, for students on a grant send to Heather Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Explanation of all the codes you need can be found on the coding cheat sheet.
Step 5: Give the following instructions to the new student employee:
• Monitor your CWU email account and respond to the HireRight email. Failure to initiate the online background check process will delay when you can start working.
• Complete the on-line background check authorization form from HireRight and notify your supervisor that you have done so.
• Monitor your CWU email account and when instructed, access self-service and initiate the I-9 process no later than the first day of work
• On the first day of work, take your original unexpired identification to the Human Resources Office, Bouillon 140, to complete the I-9 process. While in HR they should also complete a PERS Waiver.
*Advise your student their W-4 is automatically done for them with single zero as the default. If they would like to change that they need to do so thru their self-service account. Direct deposit is also set up thru their self-service account.
If any student needs disability-related accommodations in order to perform the duties of his/her position, please encourage the student to contact the Disability Services Office in Bouillon Hall Suite 140; phone (509) 963-1202; Email email@example.com.
SPAM Email Alert!! It's been brought to our attention that a email has gone out from firstname.lastname@example.orgNew Location For On-Campus Job Board
Effective Winter Quarter 2013, on-campus student jobs (Ellensburg and the Centers/Sites) are postedMinimum Wage Increasing - January 1, 2014
Washington's minimum wage increased to $9.32 on January 1, 2014.