CWU Kent Student Recruitment Liaison, and Outreach and Engagement Coordinator JD#996
417 Ramsay Way, Suite 112, Kent WA 98032
Schedule varies slightly according to planned outreach events. Some weeks may have no hours.
1) Identify activities and programs in which Green River Community College students are involved, and initiate collaboration efforts that complement CWU-Kent goals
2) Provide information about CWU-Kent academic programs, dual admission program, informational and advising sessions to Green River Community College prospective students
3) Meet with Green River Community College Student Government and Club members on a regular basis
4) Market and manage our “Wildcat Wednesday” information visits
5) Work collaboratively with Green River Community College students, faculty and staff on our campus wide initiatives
6) Participate in student recruitment and outreach activities and provides CWU Lynnwood information tours
7) Encourage students and participate at CWU-Lynnwood orientations and new student information sessions
8) Answer questions and provide referrals and resource materials to students, staff, and community members
9) Create bi-weekly activity reports
10) Regular meetings with Site Director and other duties as assigned
11) While representing CWU-Kent, must wear a CWU-Kent name-tag or marketing attire
Self-directed, extroverted leadership, positively engaging, professionally representing CWU and articulating to the public the benefits of the programs at CWU Kent and CWU in general. Data management, organized, on time, reliable, trustworthy, ethical, courteous, respectful.
1) Current CWU student
2) Excellent leadership, initiative and customer service skills
3) Strong organization skills
4) Familiarity with GRCC and CWU-Kent campuses, departments, and services
5) Minimum CWU cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
6) Flexible work schedule
Purpose of Position:
CWU Student Recruitment Liaison, and Outreach and Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for fostering awareness of our academic programs and attracting prospective new students to CWU-Kent and identifying collaborative opportunities with Green River Community College student programs. With direction and oversight from the Site Director, this position plans, coordinates, and directs activities that strengthens relationships, and identifies prospective students on campus who may be interested in transferring to CWU-Kent. Joint collaboration efforts with Green River Community College Student Government, Clubs, and Services are essential.
Student employee will gain additional skills in public relations, organizational leadership, public communication, business, and administrative insight which will contribute to overall educational experience while at CWU.