Employer / Name of Business:
Community Access Assistant #271A
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will assist the Community Access staff with assisting adults with developmental disabilities go on leisure and recreational outings in the community. Support provided for the disabled clients includes supervision, mobility assistance, hygiene and/or personal care support and communication assistance. Some documentation of time and services provided may be required.
1. Uphold and honor the Mission, Vision and Core Values of CenterForce. 2. Responsible for supervision and coordination of assigned activities at CenterForce. 3. Provide skill building activities when appropriate and to assist participants to obtain community based employment. 4. Complete required consumer paperwork when appropriate to include: daily attendance, assessment activities, training activities, timings, norms evaluations, individual plan development, pertinent data for files, in a timely manner. 5. Complete required documentation with regard to accident and incident reporting. This includes reporting any suspected abuse to immediate supervisor. 6. Provide quality assigned job duties in a timely manner. 7. Responsible for the highest quality of customer service delivery for internal consumer customers. 8. Maintain and demonstrate professional behavior and a cooperative attitude. 9. Exhibit good communication skills with co-workers, supervisors, persons serviced and customers. 10. Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to all agency policies and procedures. 11. Demonstrate "Pride in Ownership" of Counterforce's quality of work, equipment, vehicles and total facility care and cleanliness. 12. Support efforts to keep clean and well organized facilities. 13. Assist with providing a safe shop by eliminating accidents/obstacles before they occur. 14. Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates. 15. Assure required paperwork is completed in a timely manner. 16. Accompany Community Access Support staff on activities in the community with disabled clients in small groups. (Activities may include movies, bowling, coffee, walks in the parks, etc.)
17. Assist disabled clients with mobility (push wheel chair, help clients get in and out of vehicles, assist with walking if unsteady or using a walker.)
18. Have eyes on supervision of disabled clients while in the community. Assure their safety at all times.
19. Assist disabled clients with personal hygiene/care needs such as cleaning up after eating, using the restroom, and washing hands in a respectful and dignified manner.
20. Assist with clients traveling in a company vehicle or on public transportation with disabled clients.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills Needed:
1. Ability to be caring and compassionate with our disabled clients.
2. Ability to be respectful and helpful to clients.
3. Ability to follow directions from supervisor and when accompanying Community Access support staff.
4. Must maintain client confidentiality at all times.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with others and exhibit professional and courteous behavior to all affiliated with CenterForce.
6. Ability to communicate with others.
Why do you need this position?:
To carry out CenterForce's mission of empowering adults with disabilities through education, employment, and community living, to more fully participate in their communities. CenterForce is a private non-profit organization that provides education, training and employment assistance to students and adults with developmental disabilities, without regard to the severity of an individual's disability. Some of the folks we serve may exhibit behaviors that are dangerous or considered inappropriate in a community environment(violent, Self abuse, theft, swearing, sexually inappropriate, arson, and property destruction. At no time will our student volunteers or interns be working directly with another person who has additional community supervision support needs. These clients may be in the facility during volunteer/intern work assignments.
What educational benefits will the student gain from this position?:
Educational benefits will include development of skills and abilities in the support of developmentally disabled adults. Students will also learn to manage time, as well as multiple clients at one time