Skip to body

Student Achievement Outreach

Transferring Credit to Central Washington University


Bringing college credit with you to CWU

Central Washington University recognizes several credit by exam programs and grants credit for certain military experiences, dual credit programs and college courses taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities.


How college credit transfers

Want to know how your college credit will transfer, even those classes earned through dual credit? View our handy Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to see how classes compare between Central Washington and selected institutions. 

* If you do not see your institution(s) listed in TES please contact the Office of Registration to speak with the Transfer Articulation representives to explore possible tracks for transferring in credits.

* If you feel the need to dispute how your credit did or did not transfer in please speak with your set advisor(s) should you need additional support in filling out the appropriate petition form. 


Credits from a University

See the Registrar page

Credit by exam

College credit earned through credit by exam programs may count toward degree requirements and allow you to take advanced courses earlier. We recognize the following programs:

We cannot transfer credit from another college or university for a credit by exam course. You must request that original score reports from your credit by exams be sent directly to the Office of Admissions at Central Washington.

High school dual credit/Running Start

CWU also recognizes credit earned through high school dual credit programs. We need a transcript from your high schools and each college through which you will have earned credit.


Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.