Skip to body

Student Achievement Outreach

Transferable AA Degrees

CWU accepts approved academic Associate of Arts degrees from community colleges accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).  This includes the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.  Here is a list of transferable Washington state AA degrees and here is a list for all other transferable AA degrees.

CWU also accepts approved Associate of Science degrees from Washington state community colleges as partial transfer degrees.  These degrees satisfy most but not all of CWU's general education requirements.  Following is a list of the general education requirements that will still need to be satisfied if you have a transferable Associate of Science degree:

1. English 102 or its equivalent.

2. Three additional general education courses beyond the 15-quarter credits in Humanities and Social Science required for the associate of science transfer degree. The three additional courses must include:

a. One course from the Arts and Humanities breadth area;
b. One course from the Social and Behavioral Science breadth area;
c. The remaining additional course may be chosen from either the Arts and Humanities or Social and Behavioral Science breadth area.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.