Skip to body

Student Achievement Outreach

Transfer Credit

Once a student submits official transcripts, transfer credits are then articulated to their official record. Students should be aware that transcripts submitted from out of state or via hard copy can take longer to be articulated to their record.

Registrar Services oversees all transfer credit evaluation and articulation. To view equivalencies for Washington State schools and other transfer credit information, please visit this Registrar Services site.

There are several transfer credit policies all students should be aware of:

  • Students are allowed to transfer no more than 135 quarter credits towards the 180 credit minimum for graduation. No more than 105 of that 135 can be from a community college.
  • For every 1 semester credit a student earns, she is awarded 1.5 quarter credits.
  • Central may award credit for Advanced Placement, CLEP (College Level Examination Program), and International Baccalaureate exams. Please see the University Catalog for a list of acceptable scores and exams.
  • International credit may be awarded, but an independent international evaluation is required to be submitted. If you have international credits, please visit this Admissions site for further information.

Related Resources

Admissions- Transfer Admission Criteria
Registrar Services- Transfer Credit Information
How to View your Transfer Credit Report (Video)
How to Read your Academic Requirements Report (Video)
Overall Graduation Requirements (Video)



Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.