Every student, regardless of major, has to meet the CWU overall graduation requirements.
- A minimum of 180 quarter credits
- A minimum of 60 of those 180 quarter credits, must be taken at the 300-400 course level. Credits at the 300-400 level are referred to as upper division credits
- The CWU General Education Requirements (click here for more information about these and how to complete them)
- Major program requirements
- If a student’s major is less than 60 credits, they are required to complete a minor or second major
- Students pursuing a Bachelors of Arts program, like Psychology, Sociology, or Law and Justice, must also complete two years of a foreign language at the high school level or one year at the college level
- Students must have the following minimum GPAs
- CWU cumulative = 2.0
- In the major = 2.25 (some majors may be higher, check with your advisor)
- In the minor = 2.00 (some minors may be higher, check with your advisor)
For additional information about these requirements and information about applying for graduation, please see this section of the University Catalog.