Submitted by adarting on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 14:43
Every student, regardless of major, has to meet the CWU overall graduation requirements.
- A minimum of 180 quarter credits
- A minimum of 60 of those 180 quarter credits, must be taken at the 300-400 course level. Credits at the 300-400 level are referred to as upper division credits
- The CWU General Education Requirements (click here for more information about these and how to complete them)
- Major program requirements
- If a student’s major is less than 60 credits, they are required to complete a minor or second major
- Students pursuing a Bachelors of Arts program, like Psychology, Sociology, or Law and Justice, must also complete two years of a world language at the high school level or one year at the college level
- Students must have the following minimum GPAs
- CWU cumulative = 2.0
- In the major = 2.25 (some majors may be higher, check with your advisor)
- In the minor = 2.00 (some minors may be higher, check with your advisor)
For additional information about these requirements and information about applying for graduation, please see this section of the University Catalog.
The University Catalog
General Graduation Requirements for All Students (Video)
The CWU General Education Program (Video)