STAR and Wildcat Transition Program are access and support programs serving traditionally underrepresented student populations. Students are offered an array of services that foster academic success, including:
• Proactive and more frequent individualized academic advising
• Early registration for classes
• Academic planning and early alert outreach
• Tutoring and study skills assistance
• Major exploration and career counseling connections
• Assistance applying for financial aid, internships, and graduate school
Wildcat Transition Program is the academic support program for students conditionally admitted to Central Washington University. Determined by CWU Admissions, students in the Wildcat Transition Program are provided assistance during their First Year. Academic Advisors in this program assist students with completing successful transitions into and through the university, developing academic study skills, choosing their major, and achieving their educational goals.
STAR is an academic support program serving traditionally underrepresented students. Qualified students have experienced challenges and barriers while pursuing an education but possess the grit to persevere.