The Department of Sociology provides opportunities for students to understand the conceptual and methodological tools used by sociologists to understand society.
We are located on the fourth floor of Farrell Hall in room 409.
Students will be encouraged to:
- see society as concrete day-to-day behavior of human beings;
- grasp the relationship between history, society and the individual's life;
- realize that social patterns are tools for the accomplishment of human ends and not necessarily unalterable facts of life; and
- develop the ability to critically analyze social phenomena.
- DIVERSITY CALENDAR - January through March 2014
- Potential Research Opportunities
- Job Opportunities in Sociology - ASA
- McNair Scholars Program in Sociology
- Jack Dugan Sociology Award Application and Requirements
- AKD Membership Information
- WINTER 2014 FACULTY OFFICE HOURS
- Spring 2014 Course Schedule
- ANTICIPATED Summer 2014 Course Schedule