Committee composition is two ex-officio members (nonvoting) and eleven appointed members--seven students (voting), three faculty (nonvoting) and one University administrator (nonvoting).
- The Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and the Student Funds Financial Manager shall sit on the Services and Activities Fees Committee as ex-officio members.
- The ASCWU-BOD shall appoint six student members who shall reflect the diversity of the student body and its varied interests. The ASCWU-BOD is encouraged to recruit and appoint students from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, race, origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, veteran status, campus involvement, university knowledge, campus location, academic college, undergraduate and graduate program, career, and other life experiences. The student members shall serve a one-year term and may be reappointed.
- The Executive Vice President of the ASCWU-BOD shall sit on the Services and Activities Fees Committee as a voting member.
- The Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs shall appoint three faculty members from among those recommended by the Faculty Senate. Faculty appointments shall consider the same diversity criteria used to appoint student members. The faculty members shall serve staggered four-year terms and may be reappointed.
- The University President shall appoint a University administrator to sit on the Services and Activities Fees Committee as a nonvoting member. The University administrative member shall serve a four-year term and may be reappointed.
- The Services and Activities Fee Committee will report to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- The Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management will serve as advisor to the Committee.
A student member of the Services and Activities Fees Committee will be elected by committee members to chair the Services and Activities Fees Committee. The chair will serve a one-year term and may be reelected. A student member will be elected to be the vice chair. The vice chair will assume the duties of chair when the chair is unable to serve. The vice chair will serve a one-year term and may be reelected.
Prospective Services and Activities Fees Committee student members should be interviewed by the Executive VP of the ASCWU-BOD and nominated/recommended by the ASCWU-BOD by June 1 of each year. The incoming ASCWU-BOD shall appoint students to the S&A Committee no later than the 3rd week of classes of Fall Quarter.
All committee members are required to disclose their relationships with areas that receive or request S&A funding.
With the exception of the ASCWU-BOD Executive Vice President, committee members who work for or have authority over an area that receives or requests S&A Fee funding shall:
- Abstain from voting in all matters related to that area.
- Participate in discussions concerning the area in the same capacity as a member of the "general public."