The Central Washington University Academic Service-Learning Advisory Committee is a core group of community members and faculty, students and staff who advocate for academic service learning on campus and to the community at large. We promote academic service learning on campus by providing advice, direction and strategic planning to the Academic Service Learning program.
1. To continue to support developing long-term, sustainable partnerships.
2. To increase faculty development opportunities in academic service-learning.
3. To support increased recognition of the participation of community members, faculty, students, staff and other individuals on campus engaged in academic service learning.
4. To identify funding sources for Academic Service-Learning Fellows Program and for other purposes.
5. To advocate for Academic Service-Learning.
6. To provide support and advice in developing models for assessment of faculty pinion of academic service learning as a pedagogy.
7. To provide support and advice in developing models of assessment of the student experience in academic service learning.
8. To support community members as advisors in areas of expertise.