The application deadline for the class of 2014-2015 is February 10th, 2014.
All applicants must:
- Meet student eligibility criteria (click here to review eligibility criteria)
- Be mentored by a Science Honors Faculty (click here for a list of SHRP faculty)
To download detailed instructions, as well as the criteria used for evaluating the application and proposal, click here.
To download the Application form Click Here. The Application Consists of:
1- CWU Science Honors Research Program Application Cover Sheet, including information on McNair program.
2-Science Honors Research Proposal Summary Form
3- Research Proposal Project Description including
-Title of project,
-Goals and objectives,
-Background and Significance,
-Research Design and Methods,
-Dissemination Plan, and
4- Completed Budget:
Including Budget Cover Sheet, and Budget Justification
5-Animal/Human subjects clearance (only if applicable).
6- Student Academic Record
including table of science and math courses, statement of career goals and extracurricular activities, and unofficial CWU transcript.
7- Faculty Mentor(s) Material- To be emailed directly from the Mentor to the Director, with a paper copy sent directly to the COTS Dean's office (Dean Hall 130). Includes:
- Mentor Cover Sheet
- Financial support option
- Statement of mentoring experience and/or potential
- Mentoring Plan (1 page max)
- Endorsement of the student by the faculty mentor.
- CV of faculty mentor (2 page maximum)
- Explanation of request for exception (if applicable).
- Co-Mentor form, if more than one faculty will be sharing mentoring responsibilities.
All application materials must be received by 4:30 pm February 10, 2014.
-Submit an electronic version of parts 1-6 of the application (in PDF format) to the director (email@example.com).
-Faculty Mentors to submit an electronic version of part 7 of the application (in PDF format) to the director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
-A paper copy of the application must also be delivered to the COTS Dean's office (Dean Hall 130)
To download a successful example proposal click here
2012 Science Honors Application Review Committee Members:
Audrey Huerta, Geology (Chair)
Robert Pritchett, NEHS
Joseph Lorenz, Anthropology,
Mary Poulson- Biology,
Todd Kroll- Chemistry