BECAUSE - the Science Education department at CWU...
- Graduates candidates that enjoy fulfilling careers with many employment opportunities. Science teachers are in high demand in Washington and across the country. See where our graduates work.
- Provides rewarding field experiences in real classrooms in all Science Education programs.
- Has small class sizes that allow for personal connections with faculty and amazing opportunities for experience in research, teaching, and collaboration with P-12 teachers.
- Houses a supportive community of future educators, including an active Science Education club.
- Is home to award-winning faculty in science education, such as June 2012 Science Prize for Inquiry-Based Instruction winner, Anne Egger - 2009 WA Science Teacher of the Year, Martha Kurtz - 2008 Crystal Apple Award winner, Ian Quitadamo - and 2005 WA Professor of the Year, Bruce Palmquist.
- Prepares great teachers. The 2013 National Teacher of the Year graduated from CWU Science Education programs.
“My experiences at CWU made me want to become a teacher.”
- Jeff Charbonneau, 2013 National Teacher of the Year
LEARN current, effective teaching methods. DO real science in a real classroom.
LIVE with a rewarding job you love.