The intent of the Capital Safety SHM Scholarship is to provide one annual $2,000 scholarship to a Safety and Health Management student at CWU. The funds for this scholarship will come from the Safety Student Scholarship Account established in 2012 by Capital Safety.
- Full time CWU student
- Major in Safety & Health Management
- Junior or Senior class standing
- Student must be a ASSE Student Section Member
- If a student withdraws from the SHM program or is not in good standing, the funding will end immediately
Complete the General Scholarship Application through your MyCWU Account by February 1st and complete your FAFSA no later than January 21st.
- An essay of two (2) pages addressing your career goals in the Safety & Health Management profession involvement or membership in SHM related professional organizations
- Two (2) letters of recommendation- one must be from a faculty member in the Safety & Health Management program.
- Attach your additional materials electronically to your online scholarship application by February 1st.
CWU Financial Aid Office
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7504
Phone: (509) 963-1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788