This scholarship is funded by a generous donation from Annette Sandberg. Ms. Sandberg is a 1983 CWU alumna in Law & Justice. Ms. Sandberg served 12 years as a Washington State Trooper, rising to the rank of Lieutenant. In 1995, Ms. Sandberg was appointed by Governor Gary Locke to the position of Cheif of the Washington State Patrol, the first woman to head a state police agency in the nation.
- Declared Law & Justice Major
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Washington state resident and preference given to a student who graduated from a Washington state high school
- Must be eligible for a career in law enforcement
- Preference given to female applicants, particularly applicants from underrepresented minority groups
Complete the General Scholarship Application through your MyCWU Account by February 1st and complete your FAFSA no later than January 21st.
- Submit a 500-word essay describing your eligibility for a career in law enforcement and your personal attributes that distinguish you from other candidates in your ability to make positive contributions to law enforcement.
- Attach your additional materials electronically to your online scholarship application by February 1st.
CWU Financial Aid Office
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7504
Phone: (509) 963-1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788