- Current CWU students and incoming transfer students admitted to CWU by February 1st for the upcoming Fall Term
- Fully admitted to the CWU Teacher Preparation Program at the time of application
- Demonstrate financial need -- Must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) before the Financial Aid Office's priority deadline of January 21st
Complete the General Scholarship Application through your MyCWU Account. by February 1st and complete your FAFSA by January 21st.
- A one-page essay expressing why you want to become a teacher
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: two (2) from CWU faculty in two different academic disciplines and one (1) from a previous college advisor qualified to evaluate your character and potential for becoming an excellent teacher
- Unofficial transcripts from any college or university you attended before CWU
- Applicants selected as finalists will be required to conduct a 15-minute teaching session with the scholarship selection committee.
- All supplemental materials need to be uploaded electronically to the General Scholarship Application by February 1st.
CWU Financial Aid Office
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7504
Phone: (509) 963-1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788